Whirlpool Corporation ( WHR) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Whirlpool Corporation rose $5.33 (4.7%) to $119.62 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,496,732 shares of Whirlpool Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,003,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $113.84-$120.04 after having opened the day at $114.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $114.29. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Global-Tech Advanced Innovations ( GAI), up 6.2%, Bassett Furniture Industries ( BSET), up 4.2%, Tempur Sealy International ( TPX), up 3.1% and Entertainment Gaming Asia ( EGT), up 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Whirlpool Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.