- Acadia Youth Technology Team 3-D Photography Project – Canon cameras will be used to photograph a selection of artifacts from the Park’s curatorial collection for the Friends of Acadia’s website.
- Short-Format Documentary Video Project – Canon camcorders will be used to create videos to enhance educational and outreach learning about the Park’s resources and projects.
- Friends of Acadia Event Photography – Canon cameras will be used to document events to increase awareness about resource protection.
- Invasive Species Management – A project to reduce population levels of existing invasive plants to improve the protection of the Park’s biodiversity.
- Jordan Pond Water Quality Monitoring – A continuous water quality monitoring program to determine potential causes for the decrease in the pond’s clarity and to evaluate how changes in climate are affecting Acadia’s water resources.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, announced it has established a new sponsorship with Friends of Acadia, an independent, non-profit organization whose mission is to help preserve, protect, and promote stewardship of the outstanding natural beauty, ecological vitality, and distinctive cultural resources of Acadia National Park, located on Mt. Desert Island, Maine. The new sponsorship includes the use of Canon products for research and educational purposes to support Acadia National Park’s Wild Acadia, a set of restoration and research initiatives whose goal is to protect the Park for visitors now and in the future. “We are excited to embark on this new sponsorship, and support the Wild Acadia program and its important conservation initiatives,” said Bunji Yano, senior director and general manager, Corporate Communications Division, Canon U.S.A. “The mission of the Friends of Acadia organization corresponds perfectly with the wildlife conservation and environmental education initiatives that Canon is committed to supporting.” Canon U.S.A. will support the following initiatives of Wild Acadia as the official sponsor: