- Acadia Youth Technology Team 3-D Photography Project – Canon cameras will be used to photograph a selection of artifacts from the Park’s curatorial collection for the Friends of Acadia’s website.
- Short-Format Documentary Video Project – Canon camcorders will be used to create videos to enhance educational and outreach learning about the Park’s resources and projects.
- Friends of Acadia Event Photography – Canon cameras will be used to document events to increase awareness about resource protection.
- Invasive Species Management – A project to reduce population levels of existing invasive plants to improve the protection of the Park’s biodiversity.
- Jordan Pond Water Quality Monitoring – A continuous water quality monitoring program to determine potential causes for the decrease in the pond’s clarity and to evaluate how changes in climate are affecting Acadia’s water resources.
“Friends of Acadia is deeply grateful for this leadership grant from Canon U.S.A. to help fund the vital natural resources protection work at Acadia National Park,” said David MacDonald, president, Friends of Acadia. “Canon U.S.A. shares our commitment to ensuring the long-term future of Acadia’s clean waters, native plants, and abundant wildlife. We are thrilled to have them as a partner.”About Canon U.S.A., Inc. Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $40 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2012† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2013. In 2012, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the ninth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past two years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. †Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office. All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.