Xplore Technologies Corp. (NASDAQ: XPLR), the manufacturer of the world’s most powerful, longest-lasting and rugged tablets on the market, today announced that it has introduced the RangerX—the company’s first rugged Android tablet, which blends sleek versatility with Xplore’s proven powerful rugged performance. The new lightweight tablet provides the largest storage capacity on the market, has a brilliant outdoor viewable display and is certified as being fully rugged, holding both IP65 and MIL-STD 810G ratings.
“The RangerX is not only fully rugged, but also offers a wide range of multifaceted capabilities to adapt to the needs of enterprise, field service and data collection workers facing various elements,” Philip S. Sassower, chief executive officer and chairman of the board for Xplore Technologies, said. “The new RangerX highlights our commitment to expand our product offerings in order to meet specialized customer needs.”Fully Rugged and Powerful The new RangerX tablet comes standard with Xplore’s well-known rugged features:
- Rugged for any Extreme Environment: Waterproof and dustproof (IP65) and designed to survive real world conditions (MIL-STD 810G)
- Lightweight Platform: 2.2 pounds with a 10 hour battery life
- Powerful Performance: Dual Core ARM Cortex A9 Processor, 32GB of storage (expandable to 192GB of RAM) and Google Android 4.0.4
- Full Communications Suite: Bluetooth 4.0.4, GPS and Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- Brilliant Display: IPS 1366 x 768 resolution and a multi-touch screen
- Expansive Inputs/Outputs: 5MP Rear and 1.2MP 720P Front Cameras, HDMI-Out, USB ports, RFID reader and more
- Telecommunications and Cable: Optional HDMI-In and RJ-45 features allow telecommunications and cable workers to consolidate all equipment into a single device—an industry first.
- Warehousing, Logistics, etc.: Integrated RFID and NFC capabilities come standard in the RangerX, increasing operational efficiency and accuracy in distribution centers, warehousing, logistics and transportation industries. In addition, the RangerX is compatible with all major Bluetooth and USB barcode scanners.
- Military: The common access card (CAC) reader option and FIPS 140-2 compliancy provides the most secure rugged experience for government and military operations.
- For more information on Xplore Technologies: www.xploretech.com
- Read more about the RangerX: http://www.xploretech.com/products/RangerX
- Follow Xplore on Twitter: @XploreRuggedPC