Dick's Sporting Goods ( DKS) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Dick's Sporting Goods fell $0.79 (-1.6%) to $49.25 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,417,638 shares of Dick's Sporting Goods exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,296,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $48.67-$49.61 after having opened the day at $49.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.04. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Sport Chalet ( SPCHB), down 13.9%, Birks & Mayors ( BMJ), down 7.3%, Sport Chalet ( SPCHA), down 6.6% and Books-A-Million ( BAMM), down 4.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Dick's Sporting Goods Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.