Directv ( DTV) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Directv fell $1.05 (-1.6%) to $62.41 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,056,599 shares of Directv exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,943,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $62.31-$64.11 after having opened the day at $63.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.46. Other companies within the Media industry that declined today were: ChinaNet Online Holdings ( CNET), down 8.9%, Point.360 ( PTSX), down 5.0%, Spanish Broadcasting System ( SBSA), down 4.6% and AirMedia Group ( AMCN), down 4.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Directv Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.