American Tower ( AMT) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, American Tower rose $0.81 (1.1%) to $72.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,762,606 shares of American Tower exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,748,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $72.08-$72.91 after having opened the day at $72.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $72.05. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Net Element International ( NETE), up 22.2%, Zoom Technologies ( ZOOM), up 14.0%, Clearfield ( CLFD), up 6.9% and Sierra Wireless ( SWIR), up 6.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full American Tower Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.