Staples ( SPLS) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Staples rose $0.30 (1.9%) to $16.31 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,326,393 shares of Staples exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,679,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $16.11-$16.40 after having opened the day at $16.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.01. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Zale Corporation ( ZLC), up 8.7%, Netflix ( NFLX), up 6.1%, Barnes & Noble ( BKS), up 5.4% and Titan Machinery ( TITN), up 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Staples Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.