Prudential Financial ( PRU) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Prudential Financial rose $1.32 (1.7%) to $78.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,956,998 shares of Prudential Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,002,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $77.17-$78.44 after having opened the day at $77.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $76.78. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: EMC Insurance Group ( EMCI), up 5.7%, Baldwin & Lyons ( BWINA), up 4.8%, Kingsway Financial Services ( KFS), up 4.2% and National Western Life Insurance ( NWLI), up 4.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Prudential Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.