Thermo Fisher Scientific ( TMO) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Thermo Fisher Scientific rose $1.33 (1.6%) to $87.27 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,867,692 shares of Thermo Fisher Scientific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,872,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $86.25-$87.39 after having opened the day at $86.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $85.94. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: China Cord Blood ( CO), up 9.4%, Health Management Associates ( HMA), up 8.3%, Addus Homecare Corporation ( ADUS), up 8.2% and Utah Medical Products ( UTMD), up 6.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Thermo Fisher Scientific Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.