Schlumberger ( SLB) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Schlumberger rose $1.75 (2.3%) to $76.54 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,115,569 shares of Schlumberger exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,933,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $75.23-$76.79 after having opened the day at $75.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $74.79. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Lone Pine Resources ( LPR), up 30.2%, BMB Munai ( BMBM), up 26.7%, Avalon Rare Metals ( AVL), up 16.4% and Tasman Metals ( TAS), up 16.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Schlumberger Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.