Bank of Montreal ( BMO) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Bank of Montreal rose $0.71 (1.2%) to $59.43 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,468,106 shares of Bank of Montreal exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 521,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $58.50-$59.46 after having opened the day at $59.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.72. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: LCNB Corporation ( LCNB), up 14.1%, Severn Bancorp ( SVBI), up 8.9%, Royal Bank of Scotland Group (The ( RBS), up 5.7% and First Security Group ( FSGI), up 5.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Bank of Montreal Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.