NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- SunTrust Banks (NYSE: STI) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of B+. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 36.95% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 33.44% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Commercial Banks industry average. The net income increased by 40.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $250.00 million to $352.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 508.82% to $621.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SUNTRUST BANKS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 15.28%.
- The gross profit margin for SUNTRUST BANKS INC is currently very high, coming in at 84.25%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, STI's net profit margin of 15.84% significantly trails the industry average.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.