In addition to incorporating traditional enterprise application service-oriented architecture (SOA)-based adapters, EIP also contains imaging-based adapters that can control document related functions, such as Optical Character Recognition (OCR), PDF creation, forms creation, and format conversion. The platform provides a variety of benefits including:
- Increased Efficiency: Significantly streamlines workflows by helping to reduce business process management processing time
- Information Value: Unlocks the value of the information held in hard-copy documents and stored in disparate back-end enterprise applications
- Reduced Costs: Decreases the need for manual document input
- Increased Accuracy: Provides greater data control through automation (e.g. error reduction and recovery, audit)
- Data Integration: Creates one automated solution to integrate multiple enterprise applications quickly and efficiently
- Customer Satisfaction: Provides flexible archiving and retrieval to improve customer interaction and boost overall experience
- Environmental and Financial Responsibility: Delivers efficient print management to help reduce document output
- Increased Scalability and Flexibility: Evolves with business needs (new vendors, more volume) and expands to other business processes (import/export, T&E, subsidiaries integration)
“As a lifelong advocate for the CIO and IT leader, I am constantly interacting with technology providers like Canon that offer innovative technology solutions capable of deriving new business value,” said Hunter Muller, President and CEO of HMG Strategy, LLC. “By bringing together imaging and information capabilities into a single platform, EIP represents the new face of Canon, as it brings to market a new breed of solution offerings for IT, based upon its imaging heritage.”About Canon Information and Imaging Solutions, Inc. Canon Information and Imaging Solutions, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc., was formed to harness the power of two of Canon’s greatest intangible assets: In-depth knowledge of information flow and the best imaging technology. Utilizing Canon's vast collection of imaging technology and development tools along with select third-party enterprise applications, Canon Information and Imaging Solutions will deliver compelling market-driven solutions in the area of cloud computing and business process integration. Additional information about the company, its programs and mission can be found at: www.ciis.canon.com. About Canon U.S.A., Inc. Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $40 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2012† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2013. In 2012, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the ninth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past two years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. †Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.