“I love Greenway for the office, and Epic is very powerful for hospital documentation,” said May·Grant’s Terri L. Rapp, MD. “Now that the two systems can exchange CCDs, we’re getting a good combined snapshot of the patient record.”Michael Ripchinski, MD, LG Health chief medical information officer, sees it as a leap forward in quality, with interoperability delivering information where and when it’s needed in a highly usable form. “We’re moving from convenience now to really improving care for patients.” Benefits for Patients and Providers “Electronification of health data continues to evolve, and by no means are we close to being at the end game,” said Greenway® President and Chief Executive Officer Tee Green. “Moving to convenient and cost-effective cloud-based service delivery, and cooperatively focusing on connecting practices and hospitals as Greenway and Epic have done in Lancaster, is a major step toward population health and the care coordination that consumers and payers are increasingly demanding.” Extending data liquidity across the Greenway and Epic systems has delivered a wealth of benefits to May·Grant and LG Health, including:
- Higher-quality, safer care. “Being able to get the most updated patient information helps providers care for patients in the best way possible,” Dr. Rapp noted. Physicians can make informed care decisions and avoid complications such as allergic reactions or dangerous medication interactions.
- Greater efficiency. “It certainly makes you more efficient as a provider when you can click on one document to look at previous visits and history,” Dr. Rapp said. Efficiencies at admission improve efficiencies throughout the hospital, from beds to staffing and length of stay. “It all flows from physicians being able to quickly understand what is going on with the patient.”
- Improved referral transitions. “It’s so much easier to refer a patient when physicians can open the referring provider’s notes and not have to wait for a fax,” Engle said. Dr. Ripchinski noted that LG Health has over 1,200 medical staff members, and May·Grant can now exchange real-time patient information with any provider in that network. Giving each new provider a full view of the patient’s health record contributes to better-coordinated ongoing care and reduces duplicative care.
- Improved revenue. Interoperability has also improved May·Grant’s practice management and revenue cycle management processes, particularly when a hospital patient is assigned to the practice for follow-up care. “Now we’re able to get all of the details we need to process claims on behalf of those new patients,” Engle said. “Since we can query the hospital for the information we need to submit with a claim, searching for that information no longer slows us down.”
- Compliance with mandates. May·Grant and LG Health are now better-positioned to comply with current and future directives of healthcare reform. “We already have two totally independent systems able to talk to each other,” Engle said. “As the federal government mandates things, we’ll be ready to move to the next stages.”
About Greenway and PrimeSUITEGreenway Medical Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: GWAY) delivers smarter solutions for smarter healthcare ™. PrimeSUITE ® — Greenway’s certified and fully integrated electronic health record, practice management and interoperability solution platform — helps improve care coordination, quality and cost-efficiency as part of a smarter, sustainable healthcare system. Thousands of care providers across primary care and more than 30 specialties and sub-specialties use cloud-based or on-premise Greenway® solutions in healthcare enterprises, physician practices, ambulatory clinics and alternate care venues nationwide. For details, see greenwaymedical.com, Twitter, Facebook or YouTube. Forward-Looking Statements In addition to historical information, this press release includes certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements include both implied and express statements regarding the Company’s financial condition, growth strategy, business development efforts, service offerings, and service delivery models. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the Company to differ materially from the historical results or from any results expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Risks that could affect the Company’s future performance include, but are not limited to, our ability to adapt to evolving technology and industry standards; our ability to implement our growth strategy; our ability to retain management and other qualified personnel; failure to prevent disruptions in service or damage to our third-party providers’ data centers; failure to avoid liability for the use of content we provide; accelerated transition to a subscription pricing model, which would reduce our near-term revenues; regulation of the healthcare information technology industry; our ability to ensure our solutions meet industry and government standards; failure to maintain adequate security measures for our customers’ confidential information and personal identifiable information and their patients’ protected health information; our ability to obtain new provider customers; failure of the HITECH Act and other incentive programs to be fully implemented or funded by the government; our ability to implement our strategic relationships as currently intended; failure to establish, protect or enforce our intellectual property; and restrictions in our credit facility and future indebtedness. Further information concerning these and other factors is included in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012. The Company disclaims any obligation or duty to update or modify these forward-looking statements.
Greenway, the Greenway logo and PrimeSUITE are registered trademarks and the phrase “smarter solutions for smarter healthcare” is a trademark of Greenway Medical Technologies, Inc. Other product or company names are the property of their respective owners.