Legg Mason ( LM) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Legg Mason fell $0.37 (-1.2%) to $30.63 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,599,523 shares of Legg Mason exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,652,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $30.56-$31.35 after having opened the day at $31.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.00. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Credit Suisse ( DOIL), down 12.4%, Elbit Imaging ( EMITF), down 10.6%, Credit Suisse ( DGAZ), down 9.2% and Severn Bancorp ( SVBI), down 7.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Legg Mason Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.