Biogen Idec ( BIIB) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Biogen Idec fell $3.58 (-1.6%) to $218.07 on light volume. Throughout the day, 918,017 shares of Biogen Idec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,491,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $217.50-$225.22 after having opened the day at $223.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $221.65. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Biota Pharmaceuticals ( BOTA), down 70.1%, Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), down 37.2%, Redhill Biopharma ( RDHL), down 20.0% and Oramed Pharmaceuticals ( ORMP), down 10.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Biogen Idec Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.