Amazon.com ( AMZN) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Amazon.com rose $4.71 (1.6%) to $290.59 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,968,940 shares of Amazon.com exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,064,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $286.14-$291.67 after having opened the day at $286.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $285.88. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: China Jo-Jo Drugstores ( CJJD), up 16.4%, dELiA*s ( DLIA), up 8.7%, Jones Group ( JNY), up 7.6% and Bon-Ton Stores ( BONT), up 5.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Amazon.com Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.