Walt Disney ( DIS) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Walt Disney rose $0.89 (1.4%) to $64.71 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,512,029 shares of Walt Disney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,380,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $64.16-$64.79 after having opened the day at $64.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.82. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Lee ( LEE), up 7.3%, Sinclair Broadcast Group ( SBGI), up 6.3%, Inuvo ( INUV), up 6.0% and LIN TV Corporation ( TVL), up 5.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Walt Disney Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.