MetLife ( MET) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, MetLife rose $0.53 (1.1%) to $48.05 on light volume. Throughout the day, 5,121,854 shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,998,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $47.55-$48.07 after having opened the day at $47.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.52. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Citizens ( CIA), up 5.8%, First Acceptance Corporation ( FAC), up 3.8%, Manulife Financial Corporation ( MFC), up 3.4% and Kingsway Financial Services ( KFS), up 3.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.