Caterpillar ( CAT) pushed the Industrial industry higher today making it today's featured industrial winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Caterpillar rose $1.06 (1.3%) to $83.20 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,547,340 shares of Caterpillar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,772,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $82.25-$83.20 after having opened the day at $82.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $82.14. Other companies within the Industrial industry that increased today were: China Recycling Energy Corporation ( CREG), up 19.1%, Hydrogenics Corporation ( HYGS), up 9.8%, CVD Equipment Corporation ( CVV), up 8.9% and China Valves Technology ( CVVT), up 7.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Caterpillar Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.