Baxter International ( BAX) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Baxter International rose $1.19 (1.7%) to $71.07 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,603,055 shares of Baxter International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,477,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $70.27-$71.24 after having opened the day at $70.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.88. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Biostar Pharmaceuticals ( BSPM), up 20.1%, Alcobra ( ADHD), up 15.5%, Epizyme ( EPZM), up 14.3% and Inovio Pharmaceuticals ( INO), up 11.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Baxter International Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.