Allstate ( ALL) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Allstate rose $0.94 (1.9%) to $50.07 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,769,155 shares of Allstate exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,585,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.32-$50.34 after having opened the day at $49.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.13. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: National Bank of Greece ( NBG), up 19.8%, First Marblehead Corporation ( FMD), up 16.3%, Altis Resident ( RESI), up 15.1% and PMC Commercial ( PCC), up 14.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Allstate Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.