Altria Group ( MO) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Altria Group rose $0.55 (1.6%) to $36.04 on light volume. Throughout the day, 5,696,372 shares of Altria Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,537,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $35.65-$36.17 after having opened the day at $35.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.49. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Global-Tech Advanced Innovations ( GAI), up 12.0%, China Automotive Systems ( CAAS), up 7.9%, China Shengda Packaging Group ( CPGI), up 7.4% and Summer Infant ( SUMR), up 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Altria Group Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.