VeriFone Systems ( PAY) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, VeriFone Systems rose $0.29 (1.7%) to $17.20 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,069,415 shares of VeriFone Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,251,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $16.53-$17.22 after having opened the day at $16.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.91. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Global-Tech Advanced Innovations ( GAI), up 12.0%, Mattress Firm ( MFRM), up 4.2%, Appliance Recycling Centers Of America ( ARCI), up 3.5% and Skullcandy ( SKUL), up 3.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full VeriFone Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.