Valero Energy Corporation ( VLO) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Valero Energy Corporation rose $0.68 (2.0%) to $34.53 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,070,643 shares of Valero Energy Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,741,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $34.00-$34.73 after having opened the day at $34.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.85. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), up 44.8%, Kimber Resources ( KBX), up 26.3%, Lone Pine Resources ( LPR), up 23.3% and Lucas Energy ( LEI), up 14.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Valero Energy Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.