Well-defined and properly monitored cleaning and sterilization practices are vital to achieving infection prevention goals within healthcare facilities. Busy surgery schedules, complex instrument sets and varying manufacturer instructions for use (IFUs) create a challenging environment for sterile processing teams to balance speed and quality. For many facilities, a robust sterilization monitoring quality process includes 3M ™ Attest ™ Biological Indicators. 3M today announced the availability of the new 3M ™ Attest ™ Super Rapid Readout Biological Indicator System for steam sterilization cycles, which offers biological confirmation of a successful instrument sterilization process up to three times faster than previously possible.
- Improved speed and efficiency: Faster biological results can increase set turnaround and utilization, helping facilities manage instrument costs and keep the OR on schedule.
- Reduced need for early release documentation: With faster BI results, implants can be released quickly with the confidence of a negative biological result, potentially reducing frequency of emergency release documentation.
- Lower risk and severity of recalls: Should a recall occur due to a sterilizer failure, having a faster BI result can improve response time, lessening the severity of the recall.
- 3M Attest Super Rapid Readout Biological Indicator 1492V (brown cap)
- 3M Attest Super Rapid Readout Steam Challenge Pack 1496V
- 3M Attest Super Rapid 5 Steam-Plus Challenge Pack 41482V
- 3M Attest Super Rapid Readout Biological Indicator 1491 (blue cap) — available later in 2013
- 3M Attest Auto-reader 490
For more information about the 3M Attest Super Rapid Readout Biological Indicator system, please visit go.3M.com/AttestSuperRapidBI. For more information about 3M Infection Prevention solutions, visit 3M.com/infectionprevention.About 3M Infection Prevention Division The 3M Infection Prevention Division is on a mission to provide healthcare professionals solutions to minimize the risks of healthcare-associated infections. Combining science and technology, 3M has introduced more than 40 distinct technology platforms and a comprehensive portfolio of quality products that help the healthcare industry define and address current infection prevention best practices. With its system of people, products and processes, 3M Infection Prevention remains a trusted partner committed to helping customers lead the way in controlling the risk of infection. For more information, please visit www.3M.com/infectionprevention. About 3M 3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs 88,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter. 1 Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation. Comprehensive guide to steam sterilization and sterility assurance in health care facilities. ANSI/AAMI ST79:2010 & A1:2010 & A2:2011 & A3:2013