OvaScienceSM, (NASDAQ: OVAS), a life sciences company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of new treatments for infertility, announced today the creation of an International Product Advisory Board (IPAB). Comprised of fertility experts, the IPAB will assist OvaScience in the development and commercialization of its technologies worldwide. OvaScience convened the inaugural meeting of the IPAB during the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) 2013 Annual Meeting, the world's leading event in reproductive science and medicine, being held this week in London. “Establishing an International Product Advisory Board and hosting our first meeting during ESHRE are important steps toward our goal of bringing new treatment options to women with infertility throughout the world," said Michelle Dipp, M.D., Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer of OvaScience. “One in six couples worldwide experience some form of infertility problem, 1 and the global fertility market is nearly 10 times larger than the U.S. alone. We look forward to collaborating with our international advisors to transform OvaScience’s innovative technologies into new treatments for female infertility." Members of OvaScience’s International Product Advisory Board include:
- Ernesto Bosch, M.D., Director, Human Reproduction Unit, Instituto Valenciano de Infertilidad in Valencia, Spain. Dr. Bosch is a former obstetrics and gynecology specialist at the Hospital La Fe in Valencia and an author of peer-reviewed journal articles on the myriad topics surrounding infertility and assisted reproductive technologies.
- Klaus Buhler, M.D., Chairman, German National IVF Registry and President, German Center for Gynaecology, Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine. Additionally, Dr. Buhler is a member of ESHRE’s European IVF Monitoring Group and a member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Reproductive Medicine and Endocrinology.
- Gabor Kovacs, M.D., Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Monash University and International Medical Director, Monash IVF. Dr. Kovacs is a former President of the Fertility Society of Australia and former Chairman of the IVF Directors’ Group of Australia.
- Markus Montag, Ph.D., Ilabcomm GmbH, St. Augustin, Germany, International reprolab consulting. Dr. Montag is Co-Founder of the fertility preservation network FertiProtekt and was previously the Director of the Reproductive Biology Laboratory at the University Clinics of Bonn.
- Geoffrey Trew, M.D., Honorary Senior Lecturer, Imperial College London and Consultant in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. Dr. Trew is the former Chief of Service of Reproductive Medicine at the Imperial College NHS Trust and is an author of both book chapters and peer-reviewed journal articles on numerous topics surrounding infertility and assisted reproductive technologies.