Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold ( FCX) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.4%. By the end of trading, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold fell $0.34 (-1.2%) to $27.34 on light volume. Throughout the day, 11,371,889 shares of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 20,144,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $26.95-$27.70 after having opened the day at $27.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.68. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Sibanye Gold Ltd ADR ( SBGL), down 50.9%, USEC ( USU), down 39.5%, Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), down 28.7% and Rubicon Minerals ( RBY), down 8.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.