Marathon Petroleum ( MPC) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Marathon Petroleum fell $1.74 (-2.5%) to $68.99 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,076,121 shares of Marathon Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,364,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $67.60-$70.66 after having opened the day at $70.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.73. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Recovery Energy ( RECV), down 8.9%, Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras ( PBR), down 6.1%, LRR Energy ( LRE), down 6.1% and PrimeEnergy ( PNRG), down 6.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Marathon Petroleum Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.