Barrick Gold Corporation ( ABX) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Barrick Gold Corporation fell $0.93 (-6.3%) to $13.76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 29,317,225 shares of Barrick Gold Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 22,303,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $13.43-$14.30 after having opened the day at $14.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.69. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Sibanye Gold Ltd ADR ( SBGL), down 50.9%, USEC ( USU), down 39.5%, Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), down 28.7% and Axiall ( AXLL), down 24.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Barrick Gold Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.