LinkedIn ( LNKD) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, LinkedIn rose $2.12 (1.1%) to $190.30 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,565,314 shares of LinkedIn exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,235,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $187.65-$191.87 after having opened the day at $188.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $188.18. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: MeetMe ( MEET), up 22.1%, Friendfinder Networks ( FFN), up 8.9%, Phoenix New Media ( FENG), up 6.1% and Web.com Group ( WWWW), up 5.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full LinkedIn Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.