American International Group ( AIG) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, American International Group rose $0.97 (2.2%) to $45.19 on light volume. Throughout the day, 9,573,003 shares of American International Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 17,714,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $44.58-$45.34 after having opened the day at $44.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.22. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Independence Holding Company ( IHC), up 6.5%, AMERISAFE ( AMSF), up 6.1%, Lincoln National Corp (Radnor ( LNC), up 5.4% and Atlas Financial Holdings ( AFH), up 5.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full American International Group Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.