Merck ( MRK) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Merck rose $0.61 (1.3%) to $47.16 on light volume. Throughout the day, 8,058,309 shares of Merck exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 18,979,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $46.61-$47.30 after having opened the day at $46.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.55. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Merus Labs International ( MSLI), up 18.7%, Prima Biomed ( PBMD), up 16.7%, Oramed Pharmaceuticals ( ORMP), up 16.1% and Celldex Therapeutics ( CLDX), up 14.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Merck Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.