Citigroup ( C) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Citigroup rose $0.86 (1.8%) to $48.53 on light volume. Throughout the day, 20,935,992 shares of Citigroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 30,706,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $47.77-$48.58 after having opened the day at $48.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.67. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Credit Suisse ( DOIL), up 21.0%, Altis Resident ( RESI), up 17.7%, Credit Suisse ( UOIL), up 16.9% and First Federal Bancshares of Arkansas ( FFBH), up 13.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Citigroup Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.