General Motors ( GM) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, General Motors rose $0.53 (1.6%) to $34.67 on light volume. Throughout the day, 7,024,015 shares of General Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14,677,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $34.24-$34.83 after having opened the day at $34.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.14. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: STR Holdings ( STRI), up 8.1%, China Shengda Packaging Group ( CPGI), up 8.0%, Standard Register Company ( SR), up 7.4% and Castle Brands Incorporated ( ROX), up 7.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.