3M ( MMM) pushed the Conglomerates sector higher today making it today's featured conglomerates winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, 3M rose $2.09 (1.9%) to $111.54 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,042,746 shares of 3M exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,904,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $109.87-$111.56 after having opened the day at $110.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $109.45. Other companies within the Conglomerates sector that increased today were: Nacco Industries ( NC), up 6.4%, Dex Media ( DXM), up 4.2%, Capitol Acquisition Corp II ( CLAC), up 2.9% and Global Eagle Entertainment ( ENT), up 2.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full 3M Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.