Occidental Petroleum Corporation ( OXY) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Occidental Petroleum Corporation rose $1.08 (1.2%) to $90.84 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,181,420 shares of Occidental Petroleum Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,658,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $89.35-$91.09 after having opened the day at $90.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $89.76. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Kimber Resources ( KBX), up 16.6%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), up 14.9%, Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat ( AMCF), up 13.5% and Harvest Natural Resources ( HNR), up 12.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Occidental Petroleum Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.