News Corporation ( NWSA) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, News Corporation fell $0.25 (-1.6%) to $15.00 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 24,407,939 shares of News Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15,836,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $14.69-$15.12 after having opened the day at $15.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.25. Other companies within the Media industry that declined today were: Envoy Capital Group ( ECGI), down 5.1%, Digital Cinema Destinations Corp Class A ( DCIN), down 5.0%, Point.360 ( PTSX), down 5.0% and Entravision Communications Corporation ( EVC), down 4.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full News Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.