American Express ( AXP) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, American Express fell $0.79 (-1.1%) to $74.62 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,922,259 shares of American Express exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,703,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $74.30-$76.29 after having opened the day at $75.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.41. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Manhattan Bridge Capital ( LOAN), down 10.0%, Investors Capital Holdings ( ICH), down 4.8%, Evercore Partners ( EVR), down 3.8% and Global X Silver Miners ETF ( SIL), down 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full American Express Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.