Vertex Pharmaceuticals ( VRTX) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Vertex Pharmaceuticals fell $0.91 (-1.1%) to $79.52 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,590,548 shares of Vertex Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,509,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $78.82-$81.88 after having opened the day at $80.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $80.43. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), down 39.8%, Achillion Pharmaceuticals ( ACHN), down 25.1%, Prima Biomed ( PBMD), down 11.7% and Oramed Pharmaceuticals ( ORMP), down 11.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Vertex Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.