Newell Rubbermaid ( NWL) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Newell Rubbermaid fell $0.33 (-1.2%) to $26.12 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,502,388 shares of Newell Rubbermaid exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,542,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $26.06-$26.42 after having opened the day at $26.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.45. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Virco Manufacturing Corporation ( VIRC), down 6.0%, Pitney Bowes ( PBI), down 5.9%, Appliance Recycling Centers Of America ( ARCI), down 4.6% and Harbinger Group ( HRG), down 3.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Newell Rubbermaid Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.