Praxair ( PX) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Praxair fell $2.03 (-1.7%) to $114.70 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,608,849 shares of Praxair exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,270,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $114.55-$116.55 after having opened the day at $116.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $116.73. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Methes Energies International ( MEIL), down 17.7%, Ferro ( FOE), down 10.3%, GSE ( GSE), down 7.1% and Kronos Worldwide ( KRO), down 5.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Praxair Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.