Air Products & Chemicals ( APD) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Air Products & Chemicals fell $2.76 (-3.0%) to $90.75 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,378,158 shares of Air Products & Chemicals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,381,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $90.47-$93.60 after having opened the day at $92.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $93.51. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Asanko Gold ( AKG), down 29.8%, Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), down 27.5%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), down 26.7% and Linn Energy ( LINE), down 18.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Air Products & Chemicals Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.