Sprint Nextel ( S) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Sprint Nextel rose $0.08 (1.1%) to $7.15 on light volume. Throughout the day, 49,039,933 shares of Sprint Nextel exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 66,597,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $7.05-$7.15 after having opened the day at $7.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.07. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Envivio ( ENVI), up 14.9%, MER Telemanagement Solutions ( MTSL), up 14.2%, Clearfield ( CLFD), up 13.1% and RIT Technologies ( RITT), up 10.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Sprint Nextel Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.