Staples ( SPLS) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Staples rose $0.26 (1.6%) to $16.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,285,486 shares of Staples exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,700,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.96-$16.52 after having opened the day at $15.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.04. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Sport Chalet ( SPCHA), up 7.5%, American Greetings Corporation ( AM), up 5.0%, China Auto Logistics ( CALI), up 4.0% and Perfumania Holdings ( PERF), up 3.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Staples Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.