Plum Creek Timber ( PCL) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Plum Creek Timber rose $0.53 (1.1%) to $46.65 on light volume. Throughout the day, 683,175 shares of Plum Creek Timber exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 966,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $46.00-$47.13 after having opened the day at $46.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.12. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Goldfield ( GV), up 10.5%, Integrated Electrical Services ( IESC), up 9.1%, MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), up 6.7% and Perma-Fix Environmental Services ( PESI), up 6.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Plum Creek Timber Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.