Prudential Financial ( PRU) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Prudential Financial rose $0.80 (1.1%) to $74.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,183,072 shares of Prudential Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,101,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $73.12-$74.20 after having opened the day at $73.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.30. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Safety Insurance Group ( SAFT), up 2.9%, Universal Insurance Holdings ( UVE), up 2.6%, National Interstate Corporation ( NATL), up 2.6% and CorVel Corporation ( CRVL), up 2.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Prudential Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.