Ventas ( VTR) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Ventas rose $1.25 (1.8%) to $69.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,368,340 shares of Ventas exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,753,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $68.62-$69.92 after having opened the day at $68.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.61. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Noah Holdings ( NOAH), up 15.7%, Altis Resident ( RESI), up 15.2%, Carolina Trust Bank ( CART), up 8.9% and IFM Investments ( CTC), up 8.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ventas Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.