Gilead ( GILD) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Gilead rose $0.58 (1.1%) to $52.23 on light volume. Throughout the day, 8,338,537 shares of Gilead exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,123,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $51.42-$52.67 after having opened the day at $51.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.66. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Ambit Biosciences ( AMBI), up 18.2%, Aoxing Pharmaceutical Company ( AXN), up 13.9%, Celldex Therapeutics ( CLDX), up 12.3% and Puma Biotechnology ( PBYI), up 12.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Gilead Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.