Monsanto Company ( MON) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Monsanto Company rose $1.82 (1.9%) to $98.42 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,542,377 shares of Monsanto Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,747,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $96.50-$98.49 after having opened the day at $96.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $96.60. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: REX American Resources ( REX), up 7.4%, BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), up 6.6%, Flexible Solutions International ( FSI), up 6.2% and Yongye International ( YONG), up 4.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Monsanto Company Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.